The Harbor Point Charitable Foundation provides financial support in several ways. Awarding grants is just one of those ways. We have long-standing relationships with several nonprofit organizations which we support most every year. Also, we frequently serve as a sponsor of fundraising events produced by other organizations whose programs meet our criteria and are compatible with our mission.
The Harbor Point Charitable Foundation makes grants to nonprofit organizations that are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or for-profit organizations. The Foundation also has a geographic limitation. In keeping with our own mission statement, we provide funds only for programs and services that benefit residents of the San Francisco Bay Area, with a special emphasis on the North Bay and East Bay.
Consideration for grants is limited to organizations whose programs support our overall mission.
The Harbor Point Charitable Foundation’s mission is to fund and facilitate the most promising organizations aimed at improving the quality of life for Bay Area adults and children in need. Our focus is two-fold: 1) To support innovative organizations dedicated to serving adults and children experiencing a health crisis, and 2) To support educational, arts, athletic and nutritional programs demonstrating a commitment to our children’s future.
Grant applications will be evaluated by the programs in which applicant organizations are engaged, the clients they serve, the benefits and/or services they offer, the quality of their management, and general financing and fund-raising practices.
The Harbor Point Charitable Foundation does not support or provide funding for religious activities, program advertising, political parties, offices or candidates. In addition, the Foundation does not support the following:
- Organizations without 501(c)(3), tax-exempt, public charity status
- Organizations or projects outside the San Francisco Bay Area
- Religious organizations (unless engaged in a significant project benefiting the entire community, or benefiting Bay Area youth)
- Individuals (although some awards to institutions may be distributed to individuals in the form of scholarships and research funding)
How To Apply:
The Foundation will review each request that follows these funding guidelines. Requests must be submitted by August 1st of each year to be considered for the following calendar year. For example, proposals submitted by August 1, 2019 will be eligible for funds distributed for use in 2020.
In August our Grants Review Committee will begin its selection process. Then in November the Committee and the Board of Directors will make their final determination of grant recipients for the following year. Following selection, grant recipients will be informed of their awards by the end of the current year.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD the Harbor Point Charitable Foundation grant application form.
PLEASE NOTE: All completed grant applications and supporting documents must be submitted by email to:
grants [at] hpcfgiving.org
In addition to your completed grant application form, the following information must be included with your application:
- An organizational budget for the current operational year (if your funding request is for a special project, the project budget should be included)
- A sample donor list showing federal (if applicable), corporate and foundation donors with amounts given for the past 12 months
- A sample newsletter or other recently published organizational information
If we require additional information, we will contact you by email. Thank you.